Sleep issues can be reduced using therapy, including insomnia. Do you experience…
- difficulty falling asleep
- falling asleep at inappropriate times
- troubled sleep due to a physical illness
- physical discomfort
- depression, anxiety, and/or stress
- counterproductive sleeping habits
- daytime napping, or excessive time spent awake in bed
Sleep problmes may impact your physical, mental and emotional functioning. Persistent sleep disturbance may lead to the development of mental health conditions or put one at risk for substance abuse.
Therapy can help you improve your sleep issues by teaching you different methods such as; keeping a sleep diary, sleep restriction therapy, sties control instructions, sleep hygiene education, relapse prevention, phototherapy (timed light exposure) and dark therapy (restricting light in the evening). Insomnia can be treated with cognitive behavioral therapy. Therapy for Insomnia can help change your sleep habits, sleep schedule and resolve misconception that may lead to difficulty sleeping.